The Golden Lion is first recorded in 1776, was rebuilt in around 1803-6 and closed in 1923. It was demolished in 1971 to make way for the Southgate Shopping Centre. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1965.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission