First recorded as the Three Swans in 1677, it was renamed the Angel Hotel in 1689. Since 1978 it has been called the Edwardian, the Westage Hotel, the Rat & Parrot and is currently called the West Gate. The cellar bar, Westgate Street above. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in March 1966.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission