The Three Swans/The Angel Hotel, 38, Westgate Street, Bath 1966
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
First recorded as the Three Swans in 1677, it was renamed the Angel Hotel in 1689. Since 1978 it has been called the Edwardian, the Westage Hotel, the Rat & Parrot and is currently called the West Gate. Previously the stable door into Vicarage Lane. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in March 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library