The Black Dog opened in about 1870 and closed in 1917. Townshend & Cundy sold sweets and cigarettes at the time of this photograph. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in May 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission