F. B. Cane, newsagent and tobacconist, 3, Rivers Street Place, Julian Road, Bath 1966
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This photograph was meant to show the former Bell pub, but unfortunately the photographer chose the wrong building and instead took a photo of Frederick Cane's shop. The Bell or Bell Tavern opened as a beerhouse at 2, Rivers Street place in about 1850 and closed around 1865 when it moved to Gloucester Street. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in May 1966.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library