Corner of St. George's Place, Peto's Buildings. Nicknamed 'mud island' due to its vulnerability from flooding, the Dolemeads housed some of the poorest inhabitants in Bath. The pair of cottages on the left are part of a set of Bath's first council houses, opened in 1901. The spire of St. John's Church can just be seen to the right. H. Foster, photographer, 5, Princes Buildings.
L178 / 410
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission