The Boatman's Arms was open by 1840 and closed around 1889. Now a private house, the Boatman's Arms was once a watering hole beside the Somersetshire Coal Canal. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in August 1966.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission