Looking from the east. Situated on the Old Midford Road (then called Midford Hill), the Packhorse Inn, believed to date back to the 17th century, closed around 1850, at which time the more familiar pub in South Stoke opened. From a photographic survey from 1965-1966 of over 300 existing or lost pubs and breweries in Bath and the surrounding area. Photographed in June 1967.
SR Wilcox Slides
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission