This footbridge was constructed to enable pupils to cross from the playing fields to the school after the Somersetshire Coal Canal had cut across their footpath. The cast iron structure included the inscription Cast in Paulton 1811, most probably by William Evans and Company. When the canal was replaced by the railway, the piers were raised and the footbridge continued to give service. See Image Refs. 14125, 21149 and 25473.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission