The Weighhouse, Somersetshire Coal Canal, Midford c.1880
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This unusual construction, was a machine for weighing canal boats and their cargo up to 40 tons in weight. It was built in 1831 and was used until the Somersetshire Coal Canal closed in 1898. Now converted into a private home, it is barely recognisable.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)