Somersetshire Coal Canal, Upper Midford c.1904
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Showing the abandoned Somersetshire Coal Canal and one of its accommodation bridges. The bridge was built to carry the former packhorse road between Midford and Twinhoe (Twinney). In the background is the former pub, the Boatmans Arms which was closed in the 1920s. This is just past Midford Aqueduct where the Somersetshire Coal Canal forks, one arm going to Radstock, the other to Paulton. Avonhill, Midford, can just be seen in the distance. Postcard by George Dafnis, posted 23rd September 1904. See Image Ref. 22687 for image from glass plate.
Artist / Photographer
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)