Constructing the Camerton to Limpley Stoke Railway, near Monkton Combe c.1908
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
The Camerton to Limpley Stoke railway was opened in 1910, following the route of the abandoned Somersetshire Coal Canal, providing passenger service to 1915, pausing in wartime and resuming in 1923 before closing in 1925. The line carried goods and coal throughout until its complete closure in 1950. The line was resurrected in 1952 for the filming of The Titfield Thunderbolt. Postcard by George Dafnis, posted 26th November 1908. See Image Ref. 22111 for image from glass negative.
Artist / Photographer
Dafnis, George Love
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)