Key (quay or kay) Bridge or Old Bridge was the entrance to the city from the South. The area was the main commercial wharf to Bath. Repaired and widened in 1754, Robins includes the length and width of the bridge on the reverse. Verso inscription: Length of Bath Bridge 46 yds 1.3ft, width of pavement 5.3ft and width of causeway 6 yds 4.3ft. Pencil & wash; inscribed No. 22. This sketch was later engraved. From a collection of 45 sketches of Bath by Thomas Robins the Elder (1716-1770). By kind permission of V&A Images.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission