Jos. Gandy Esqr. A.R.A. Engraved by Eastgate. John Bell, weekly Messenger office, Southampton St., Strand for British Academy. 1st October 1807. Designed for Thos. Barker Esqr. Copper Engr. According to Ison, Georgian Buildings, this was Gandy's first design for Doric House, Sion Hill, and is the 'Design of a Gallery' exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1803 (4 years before the print was made). The building was completed about 1810 by Charles Spackman as a gallery and residence for Barker.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission