Corn Street, Bath c.1930
3 2 c m
40cm
actual image size: 32cm x 24cm

Corn Street, Bath c.1930

© This image is not to be copied or published without permission

Description

Photograph from original glass negative. Photographed by Mowbray Green. This photograph is an excellent documentation of Georgian buildings in the southern part of the city centre, all of which have now disappeared. One must imagine standing in the middle of what is now McDonalds (Southgate Street), looking westwards. St. James's Parade emerges on the right (it did not then continue down to join Southgate Street). The buildings on the left were replaced by the Forum cinema block and the extended St. James's Parade. The turning to the left in the middle distance is the Ambury and the furthest block of buildings is now the site of the open portion of Avon Street car park. Businesses seen here include Wyatt's (butchers) and J.B. Bowler's (founder and engineers). See Image Ref. 20995 for a useful map of this area pre-1933 redevelopment.
 

Image Reference

10345
 

Artist / Photographer

Green, Mowbray
 

Collection Reference

A Glass Slides / 12
 

Original Width (mm)

120
 

Original Height (mm)

160
 

Collection Location

Bath Central Library
 

buy a print

Select size
 
Select finish
 
How many prints?
 
£20.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas