The Opening of the Pump Room Annex 1897
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
As with all major local events of the time, in the absence of television, Internet and radio, most events were accompanied by huge crowds. Built by John McKean Brydon 1895-7, won in competition in 1894 and subsequently redesigned. Built following the discovery of the Roman Baths in the 1880's, it contains a concert room with domed centre (now the ticket hall to the baths).
U5 / 608
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library