On 13th September 1823, order signed by John Charles Tufnell Esq. and William Bailey Whitehead for diverting a footway from Winifred stile through the oath East field of Major's farm to the turnpike road of Lansdown. This will become known as Beckford's Ride.
Hunt Vol.4 Page 164
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission