July 31st 1857. The Bath Pillory after lying for half a century among the old materials of a builders yard, has come to light again, though it is now made to assume a different form, and to serve a more agreeable purpose than when it stood in the market place. The materials were purchaced for a small sum by Mr Solomons, of Southgate Street, who has converted them, by a very little alteration, into a very respectable looking summerhouse, now standing in the garden of his house in the Wells Road.
Hunt Vol.3 Page 115
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission