From the Bath and Cheltenham Gazette. January 9th 1838. During excavation for the Great Western Railway, two structures were found (thought by some to be the villa of the roman governor for Bath) Noting the structures were built of lias stone and consisted of more than one floor the article describes the layout of building and its contents. It is pointed out the importance of preserving the remains for future generations. By Mr H. E. Goodridge.
Chapman Vol II p.104
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission