Bath's first Theatre Royal (in Orchard Street) was granted a Royal Patent by George III in 1768. Built (Thomas Jelly) 1749-50. Originally known as the Orchard Street Theatre. Later known as the Freemason's Hall or Masonic Hall. Published 1st March 1804. T. Woodfall, Villiers St. Strand, London. Aquatint. Winston, Theatric Tourist, 1805. A chairman dozes by his sedan chair, waiting outside for his fare.
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission