No. 1 on the service that began in 1880 - from Grosvenor Place to Southgate Street. It carried 18 passengers and ran every ten minutes from 8 am to 11.30 pm, tickets costing 2d. The driver and conductor were paid 18 shillings per week, had 10 minutes for lunch and 10 minutes to tea with no days off! The horses gave way to electric power in 1904. See Image Ref. 12334 for an alternative version of this image.
Private Album 1
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission