Originally sited at the junction of Bath Street, the fountain gave free mineral water to the public until 1978. The work of Italian sculptor Stefano Valerio Pieroni, it originally had a statue of King Bladud on the top when it was erected in 1859. The statue now resides in the grounds of a retirement home and the fountain was moved to Terrace Walk (colloquially known as Bog Island) in 1989; its installation can be seen here.
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission