The house was built in 1727 for James, Duke of Chandos. It formed part of a large three sided court, one of the first architectural designs of John Wood, Senior. It overlooked the city walls near the west gate, beyond which lay the Kingsmead and the open country. Postcard published by Wilkinson.
N2 / 239
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission