Latin text describing a map of Somersetshire. Several pages. Includes a map of the county (not digitised). With Dutch text to the verso, this map is Jansson's second published map of the county of Somerset (the first appeared in the 1636 German Appendix). The map was published in this format, from 1646 onwards, in the Atlas Noveus with a most decorative title cartouche in the lower left corner including shepherds and shepperdesses with their wards. The map includes six coats of arms at upper left.
Russell Maps Vol. 2 Page 144a
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission