The second Pitman Phonetic Institute and Printing Office, Albion Place, Lower Bristol Road, c.1851
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
This was the second location of Sir Isaac Pitman's Institute, inventor of phonographic shorthand. Located at the bottom of Marlborough Lane, it was destroyed in the Bath Blitz of April 1940. Note the use of his fonetic spelling on the lettering.
Chronicle P8025 Neg AL972
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library