Royal United Hospital, Beau Street, 1849
© This image is not to be copied or published without permission
Now the Gainsborough Hotel and Spa. This is one of the earliest surviving photographs of Bath and shows the Tepid Bath, built next to the Hot Bath and the first bath built specifically for swimming. Opened in 1832 and demolished in 1922 to make way for the Beau Street Baths.
F3 / 643
Original Width (mm)
Original Height (mm)
Bath Central Library